Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Possum and the Doxie

My Grandma and Grandpa are in North Caronline visiting Hershel and Evie, so I have to stay by myself this week. When Mom came home yesterday she let me right outside. It had been raining most of the day so I was glad to get to run about. Well what Mom didn't know was a possum had movied into our upper yard to get out of rain water. I was yelling for mom and barking and growling, but mom thought it was just my normal "omg there's a leaf". Then I let out a long howl and mom came running. She must have thought it was dead because she yelled at me to get away from the lump of fur. I followed Mom inside because she promised treats. An hour or so later, Mom looked out the big window to the backyard, sighed and picked up two trashbags. I tried to tell her it wasn't dead, She wouldn't listen. She did however decided to poke it with a stick just to be sure. After the third poke, when the possum flipped around and hissed at her, she ran like a little girl screaming. I followed, hoping for more treats.

1 comment:

  1. Why don't the mommas ever listen?? You tried to tell her. She better have given you more treats for being right!!!!

    ~hugs~

    Lilo

    ReplyDelete